Drug addiction is a chronic disease, and the best way to fight it is through an intensive drug rehab program. Our New York City drug rehabs provide safe and healthy environments for those struggling with addiction to seek long-term sobriety.
Researchers have estimated that more than half a million New York City residents have a drug-related substance use disorder. Heroin, Cocaine, and Fentanyl are said to be some of the most abused drugs. Residents of New York City have been battling an opioid abuse epidemic for years.
By the second quarter of 2019, three hundred twenty-five overdose deaths had been confirmed in New York City alone. It is further believed that one person dies of a drug overdose in New York City every seven hours. This is one of the highest overdose death rates in the United States.
Choosing the Right Drug Rehab Center in New York City
Picking a suitable rehab facility is one of the first and most essential steps on the path to recovery.
Excellent drug rehab facilities typically have the following elements:
- Evidence-based treatment:treatment methods should have been proven effective in facilitating long-term sobriety.
- Individualized treatment approach:treatment is customized to suit your or your loved one’s particular needs.
- Accreditation:the rehab facility should be recognized for achieving high standards of treatment.
- Around-the-clock care:constant monitoring to ensure continued safety during treatment.
- A variety of treatment options:every patient that comes through the doors of our New York City Drug Rehabs is different and needs a treatment plan that aligns with their needs.
- Family involvement:support from family members helps create a healthy recovery system.
- Mental health services:many people with substance use disorders also have co-occurring conditions that need to be treated.
- Detox programs:medical detoxification aids in withdrawal symptoms prior to inpatient treatment.
- Aftercare and alumni support groups:helps achieve long-term sobriety goals
Medical detox is one of the most important steps in the recovery process. The detoxification process can begin within hours of the final use of an addictive drug.
While undergoing the process, our staff will provide 24-hour monitoring and medical care, so you or your loved one pass the withdrawal phase safely. Medications approved by the FDA, such as methadone or buprenorphine, may be administered to help ease withdrawal symptoms.
Inpatient Treatment Programs
Inpatient, or residential treatment, involves a short-term stay in one of our New York City drug rehab facilities. These programs offer around-the-clock access to medical care and behavioral health services. The inpatient drug rehab setting is specially designed to help people struggling with drug addiction and mental health issues achieve recovery.
New York City residents in inpatient rehab programs may be able to access a variety of therapies, recreational activities, and more to combat the effects of addiction long-term.
Outpatient Treatment Programs
Outpatient treatment programs can vary in intensity based on the individual’s needs. They may include partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient treatment, or standard outpatient treatment.
Outpatient programs generally allow the recovering person to continue some aspects of life, as usual, schooling, working or caring for their families.
Aftercare is an integral part of achieving long-term recovery. It is a community-based effort for relapse prevention.