When you decide to travel, be it far or near, flights are among the most preferred choices. However, flight tickets can be costly sometimes, especially if you don’t plan well. Thus, it can be helpful if you know some tips on how to save money while booking flight tickets. Keep reading to know some of the most valuable hacks and tricks.
Are you someone who travels by flight quite often or loves travelling in general? If yes, then you must be looking for flight tickets. Booking flight tickets might look easy but getting a cheap deal can be tricky. You can crack the deal if you know the tips on how to save money while booking flight tickets. Let’s look at some of the best tips.
- Book Your Tickets Early: Believe it or not, it’s a proven fact that flight tickets are cheaper if you book them early. But how early should you book? Most experts recommend booking 30 days before your travel plans to get awesome deals and set aside some travel money. Booking early can also help you available a wider range of flight options, helping you choose one that is affordable and offers comfort and convenience.
- Research and Compare Before Booking Ticket: Are you someone who impulsively books tickets without looking at other websites? If yes, then you might want to change that habit after reading this. A better choice for you is to research and compare all the airlines’ websites possible. An even better way is to research on websites that show all the flight options from multiple carriers to your desired destination. Once you start researching, you will notice cost differences which will eventually help you to save money.
- Travel on Less Popular Days: The day before Diwali, Christmas, Holi, and weekends can be expensive as well as uncomfortable owing to the sudden rush of travellers looking to get back home to their family. You can expect long queues, delays, costly tickets and other problems if you travel on these days. On the other hand, the days you should consider to save some money are:
- On the actual days of the holiday such as Holi, Christmas, Eid, etc.
- Days such as Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday have higher chances of you cracking a better deal than the weekends or start or end of the week such as Mondays or Fridays.
- Choose Non-Refundable Tickets: Refundable tickets are mostly expensive, in comparison to non-refundable Tickets. However, such tickets can cause a big dent in your pockets if you cancel or change your itinerary. Thus, book non-refundable tickets only when;
- You are completely sure of your travel plans, or
- When the travel date is very near to your booking date, or
- When the ticket cost is not very high, or
- When you have a travel insurance plan that covers non-refundable tickets.
- Avoid Additional Fees and Charges: To avoid additional fee, you need to become a smart packer. You can save money if you pack smartly and don’t carry extra luggage with you. Keep away from other additional fees for other things such as seat upgrades, and snacks by planning smartly. Travel prepared with as much comfort as you can by;
- Packing a neck pillow
- Booking an aisle seat for more legroom
- Carrying a wrap or scarf to remain warm
- Loading your phone with movies and carrying your own headset
Bonus Tip: Take Advantage of an Airmiles Program
Many domestic travellers believe an air mile program is not for them and only makes sense if they are travelling internationally. However, this is not true. Whether you book Bangalore to Chennai airline tickets or Delhi to London, you can earn a considerable amount of miles. Moreover, with some programs, you can earn miles from many other ways and not just booking flights. Join a suitable program and start earning miles on all your travel and lifestyle-related activities. Use miles apart from using the tips mentioned above to get the best deal on your domestic flight ticket.