One of the best meals you would ever taste is Russet whipped potatoes. Why? It is not only delicious, but it is packed with nutrients. Russet potato nutrition seems to be popular these days, and surely, the reasons are true. A whipped potatoes dish is easy to prepare, the ingredients are kitchen regulars, and you should not require any special shopping to whip it up.
- Russet potatoes (2 pounds, skinned)
- Butter (2 ounces)
- Warm milk (1 ounce)
- Soft creamy cheese (3 ounces)
- Spices (Garlic, herbs, Paprika, Thyme, etc.)
- Seasoning (Salt and pepper)
The Russet potato nutrition information of whipped potatoes per serving is:
- Calories: 245
- Carbohydrate: 40 g
- Fat: 7 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 5.5 g
- Vitamin C: 44.8 mg
- Vitamin B6: 0.7 mg
- Vitamin A: 256 IU
- Magnesium: 54 mg
- Iron: 1.8 mg
- Potassium 984 mg
- Wash, peel, and slice the Russet potatoes. The slices should be in oval shapes and of medium sizes. This is important so the potatoes can be cooked all over and whipped easily. Place the potatoes in a large pot, sprinkle some salt and add water to cover. Bring to boil in normal heat, then reduce the heat to simmer for some 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender. When they are tender, remove and drain the potatoes—place in a large bowl for the next stage.
- Using an electric mixer set at low speed, whip the cream cheese and butter into a separate bowl whip the mixture until the butter is about to melt. Then add milk and beat again until the whole mixture is smooth. The purpose of doing this separately is to achieve homogeneous smoothness.
- Pour the cream, milk, and butter mixture over the potatoes and whip gently this time. When the whole thing is smooth, add pepper and salt to taste. The smoothness depends on individual choice. While some prefer their whipped potatoes very smoothly, some others prefer a little roughness.
One mistake to avoid is using a potato masher instead of an electric mixer. Potato mashers will mash the potatoes until they are no longer suitable for whipped potatoes.
Russet potato nutrition is of great value; a meal of whipped potatoes helps to meet the daily allowance of different nutrients in the body. More so, this tasty dish can be served at dinner, breakfast or lunch, or even at family parties. With a cooking time of less than an hour, it is convenient for kitchen quickies.